Universal Forest Products Saw operator in White Bear Lake, Minnesota
- Minimum 6th grade basic education or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 months experience using saws or similar equipment; some experience in manufacturing and assembling is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate dangerous/heavy equipment
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to complete production reporting
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to learn/understand cuts and yields
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance to the equipment
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Reads production scheduling sheets and identifies required material for the operation.
- Ensures material meets quality specifications (grade, size, moisture content, etc).
- Performs setups according to specifications.
- Feeds material according to specifications.
- Periodically checks equipment to ensure specifications are being met.
- Offloads and stacks material in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Performs LOTO as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as specified.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled