Universal Forest Products Crew Leader in White Bear Lake, Minnesota
- Minimum 9th grade; preferred high school diploma
- Minimum 6 months to 1year or of experience in related area; 1 to 3 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of production reporting and production scheduling
- Basic working knowledge of excel, word and outlook.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades, and species
- Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
- Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer, calculator, and telephone.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to communicate with employees and manager.
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious and interpersonal skills
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and has a positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and work area results
Punctual and reliable
Ensures work area is running according to schedule; minimizes downtime.
- Ensures work area and equipment are safe and clean.
- Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operate equipment.
- Assists scheduling production, balances workloads between teams or work areas, and
- Assist reviewing pre-shift machine inspection sheets and addressing concerns.
- Reviews production sheets and communicated with employees.
- Checks material and finish product to ensure quality and meeting customer specifications.
- Implements CI principals to improve current processes.
- Conducts Sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees.
- Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
- Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives.
- Participates in the completion of employee's performance evaluation form.
- Prepares production reports and maintains records as required.
- Ensures work area is in compliance with established safety standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled