Marvin Windows and Doors Production, Supervisor (Days) in Warroad, Minnesota
Supervise manufacturing operation of assigned department by implementing operation strategies that guide an assigned department to achieve business results; primarily focused on working with department leadership (leads) and employees to achieve production and quality goals while maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
- People Development
– Develop department leadership and employees through day-to-day coaching and providing constructive feedback
– Foster an environment of continuous improvement by inspiring employees to problem solve within their locus of control in their work cell.
– Establishing a culture of accountability by addressing employee behaviors that are counter to a productive, energizing environment.
– Ensuring employees are offered opportunities of job rotation, cross-training and personal development.
- Production of Components or Assemblies
– Meet or exceed production schedules with optimum use of crewing and resource allocation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
– Ownership of operating a safe working environment, including timely accident investigations and on-the-spot rectification of safety hazards.
– Holding leads and employees accountable for operating a safe environment.
– Maintaining processes, products and services of high standards established by company quality objectives.
– Working through leads and employees to ensure equipment producing products that meet specifications.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentoring
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Understands the Mcell operating system and how it relates to the large organization
Positive work attitude and able to hold others accountable for their actions, behaviors and attitudes
Willing to challenge the status quo in an expert-level environment
3-5 Years of progressive management/supervisor/lead experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment
Ability to work with various manufacturing and office-based technology systems, including ERP and Microsoft programs
Monday – Friday from 5:30am to 2:00pm, including time beyond standard hours when day shift is working overtime (extra hours Monday – Friday, including Saturdays if needed)
Able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours a day
Able to occasionally lift 75 pounds
Able to travel to other locations up to 5% of the time