Syngenta Trialing & Nursery Team Leader in Stanton, Minnesota
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
The purpose of the Trialing & Nursery Team Leader role is to manage nursery and yield trial projects on behalf of multiple scientists and projects, ensuring they are completed timely, accurately and in the most cost effective manner. This is measured by reliability of seed production, precision of yield trials, continual improvement and budget efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Personnel Management of field operations support staff: • Recruit, hire, train and manage direct reports • Continuous improvement of direct reports through IPMs, training, and mentoring • Recruit and manage seasonal staff
- Oversee field trialing and related activities to assure that department standards and timelines are met for packaging, planting, agronomic management and harvesting of: • In season nurseries • High quality yield trials, including location selection, mapping and data analysis
- Align resource and work plans within your team: • Work with the Trialing & Nursery Operations Manager and appropriate crop operations leadership to assure Demand and Resources are well balanced within your team • Work with other cross functional teams when appropriate to ensure business goals are met
- Assist with Operating Budgets within your team following expected guidelines
- Identify and support capital needs within your team that are financially responsible and improve Trialing efficiency / quality
- Support and model a team culture that meets or exceeds the Syngenta standards for HSES and Stewardship
.Critical knowledge • A knowledge of the breeding and testing process and requirements • Understanding of testing environments and impact on product evaluation and line selection • General understanding of field, road and lab equipment utilization • A good understanding of cultural practices (e.g., weed control, soil fertility practices) Critical experience • BS degree and five years’ experience in field research preferred • Demonstrated ability in field research process management • Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and motivate staff and teams Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities • Excellent organizational and planning skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Ability to effectively function as a team member in cross functional activities • Excellent problem solving skills • Ability to establish priorities and oversee multiple research activities simultaneously at peak work periods • Strong management skills, with the ability to manage a wide variety of crop operations and diverse individuals Critical leadership capabilities • Decisive • Trusted • Customer-Focused • Results-Oriented • Communicative • Team-Oriented
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
• A minimum of two years in current position is required (requirement for internal applicants only) • All applicants must be eligible to work in the US • Must be capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the research cycle • Domestic travel required with occasional overnight stays; travel outside continental U.S. may be required
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information: If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Job: *Biological Assessment
Title: Trialing & Nursery Team Leader
Requisition ID: 18000530