Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Supervisor, Lean Process Improvement in St. Paul, Minnesota
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position : *
To lead the design, implementation, sustainment and continuous improvement of the Lean Enterprise and Project Management deployment to the manufacturing functions and processes at the Plant level. Specific focus on process improvement and Six Sigma fundamentals. Leads the delivery of bottom-line benefits from improvement projects in line with the plant operation. To instill energy, enthusiasm and rigor to the Lean Journey and be a change agent for the Lean Transformation of the Plant.
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate Plant Lean and Six Sigma fundamentals to ensure manufacturing processes are fit-for-purpose and continuously improved.
- Prioritize and selects the most critical Plant projects that will deliver bottom-line and customer satisfaction benefits.
- Sets Plant Goals and of KPIs for executing manufacturing Lean business benefits (cost reduction, efficiency improvements, manufacturing value enhancement, data integrity, Value Stream Mapping, Right First Time) that ensures transparency of delivered benefits to the facility.
- Use of Lean Six Sigma and project management tools and practices, as well as lean capabilities to prioritize activities, drive a structured business improvement program and ensure that the team members put in practice a project management way of thinking and it becomes embedded in the culture (PDCA, DMAIC, responsibilities and accountabilities (RACI), project review discipline, SMED, Problem Solving Discipline).
- The documentation of key manufacturing processes, assessment of their maturity using a Lean Audit toolkit, and the development of an improvement strategy that will increase process maturity as measured by lean audit scores and external benchmarks.
- Lead the delivery of year-over-year bottom line benefits through project activity in line with business requirements.
- Develop and implement a strategy for fostering and improving the lean and project management capabilities and behaviors of employees, Managers and Supervisors. This includes coaching, training and driving the tools and capabilities in place to get plant-wide results for management of projects and initiatives.
- Educate and coach all levels of the organization
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education with a degree in Engineering, Business, Quality or Operations Management or work-related experience
- Job related experience of 3-5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified through a reputable organization (Preferred)
- Experience leading Lean Six Sigma Programs in manufacturing environments
- Team management
- Functional expertise in Engineering and Manufacturing
- Experience in Scorecard deployment
- Balanced Scorecard Strategy deployment
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Business acumen
- Has the drive to deliver results and make a difference
- Change Management
- Presentation Skills
- IT skills (excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word) and MINITAB
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- High emotional intelligence
5% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Supervisor, Lean Process Improvement
Job ID: 663464
Location: MN - St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time