Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Palletizer Operator in St. Paul, Minnesota
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Ball Corporation acquired its Saint Paul, MN plant in 2016 with the acquisition of the beverage can assets of Rexam PLC. The plant, which makes beverage containers, opened in 1969 producing 3-piece cans (discontinued in 1983). In 1976 the plant installed two-piece aluminum beverage can lines and have been producing ever since, currently supplying both the CSD and craft beer industries. The plant can produce more than 2 billion infinitely recyclable beverage cans per year and employs over a hundred talented and engaged team members. The plant is located across the Mississippi River from the heart of downtown St. Paul, Minnesota.
Primary Job Duties:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 90 days minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: manufacturing processes.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard can/end manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to learn nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
Performs routine manual or mechanical production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
Stages and maintains packaging materials and follows correct packaging/banding procedures.
Performs and assists in preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished product.
Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials required for assigned area.
Relieves other operators for breaks as needed.
Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Palletizer Operator
Job ID: 661831
Location: MN - St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time