Newell Brands Closer/Stuffer/Belter/Tagging in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Position Title: Closer/Stuffer/Belter/Tagging
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Location: Sauk Rapids, MN
Job Summary: Sewing Machine Operator/ Closer operates equipment to join pre-cut materials, attach or insert components using: various mechanical equipment, electronically controlled single or multi-needle sewing machines; other equipment. Materials being sewn together have had other sewing operations performed where sewing tolerances have been altered. Since tolerances have been altered by previous sewing operations, these sewing tasks required additional skills to make pieces fit together due to variance among pieces. Sewer also inspect and package various products produced and/or distributed by the company.
· Operates single, multiple-needle, or automatic machines to join pre-cut materials, and/or attach zippers to other hardware.
· Starts and stops and controls speed of machine with controls and guides parts under needle following edges, seams or markings on pre-cut materials.
· Monitors stitching to detect defects to insure acceptable quality.
· Selects thread and other components according to bill of material.
· Thread machine, winds and changes the bobbin.
· Cuts excessive material or thread with scissors / nippers when necessary.
· Routinely check fabric for defects, runs, stains, missed stitches, etc.
· Performs required daily machine maintenance and adjustment. Includes but is not limited to adjusting thread tension, dusting machine, wipe off oil, adjust stitches per inch.
· Notifies sewing machine repair person when experiencing problems with machine.
· May be required to turn garments right side out, preparing garment for inspection, folding and packaging.
· Insert foam into assembled life vests according to specifications, counting correct number of layers of foam
· Release rubber band off folded webbing, thread belt through loops, thread buckle component onto webbing, and snap buckles shut
· Affix UPC tag and Think Safe Pamphlet on vest with a ticket gun according to specifications.
· Place product in box and closes box using tape machine or hand tape and places boxes to be taken to warehouse.
· Completes required documentation including but not limited to recording production quantities, downtime, scrap, traceability, component usage
· Responsible for injury prevention and promoting safety by keeping work area neat, clean and organized.
· Participates in employee wellness and exercise program.
· Performs miscellaneous other assignments as required.
· Requires regular attendance to perform essential elements as listed above between the assigned start and end times for work.
· This position will be training on all recreational items
Teamwork: Contributesto building a positive work environment.Interacts with fellow team members to build morale and maintain a senseof Coleman pride.
Organizational Support: Followspolicies and procedures; Supports the company’s goals and values.
Quality: Demonstratesaccuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;Applies feedback to improve overall quality of finished product; Monitors ownwork and the work of others to ensure quality.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment and production schedules. Must be able to perform multiple tasks.
Dependability: Follows written and verbal instructions, responds to management direction;Completes tasks on time at expected level of performance or notifiesappropriate person with an alternate plan that is agreed to. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman asrequired to confirm understanding.
Education and/orExperience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)preferred or sewing experience preferred.
LanguageSkills: Ability to fill out production sheets and traceabilitysheets after training.. Ability tocommunicate with other employees in the organization or notify assignedpersonnel there is an issue that needs to be addressed. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman asrequired to confirm understanding.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to read numbers,count, add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, commonfractions, and decimals. Measureusing a ruler.
Reasoning Ability: Abilityto comply with company’s and regulatory agencies quality standards. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman asrequired to confirm understanding.
PhysicalDemands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee mustbe able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee is requiredto use fingers, hands and arms, foot pedal to operate machines and reach for,hold, grasp, push/pull, and handle material repetitively with a high degree ofdexterity. The employee must occasionallylift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WorkEnvironment: While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis exposed to limited moving mechanical equipment.
Experience Operating an Industrial Sewing Machine
Experience closing PFD's
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs