Polaris Industries Manager, ROS ORV Production in Roseau, Minnesota
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is recruiting a full-time Operations Manager. The position is based at our large manufacturing plant in Roseau, MN. Roseau Manufacturing welds, paints, and assembles ATVs, Snowmobiles, and Military vehicles, offering the selected candidate broad exposure to our manufacturing processes and a variety of products. This particular opportunity will have responsibility for leading the ORV Assembly Department and working collaboratively with other departments to meet business goals.
• Bachelors degree. Engineering or a related technical field is preferred
• 5-7 years of manufacturing experience in a lean environment
• Prefer experience and background in assembly operations and engineering
• Previous shop floor and/or technical leadership/supervisory experience
• Strong project management and problem solving skills required
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Willing to relocate
Provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, engineers/technical staff and production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Work collaboratively with supply chain, purchasing and back shop departments to reach business goals. Develop a pipeline of talent to meet the future needs of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and communication to all team members to ensure understanding and attainment of Company, site, and unit performance objectives.
• Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of Polaris and/or Lean tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead safety awareness, accident prevention and ergonomic improvement efforts and programs.
• Develop a world-class operations team by challenging the status quo, coaching and counseling, and focusing development to drive business results.
• Collaborate with the Product team, Engineering and/or Purchasing on design for manufacturability, product quality and delivery. Ensure successful launch of new programs.
• Represents Operations at business unit level.
• Drive step-change in quality and continuous improvement through the effective application of data analysis, problem solving and teamwork.
• Build and maintain a strong leadership team and positive work environment based on Polaris’ culture and values.
• Get involvement and buy-in to accelerate change and motivate others around vision and goals.
• Contribute to Polaris strategy and long range planning.
• Develop and execute department budget.
• Partner effectively with team members at other Polaris locations, support team decisions and Polaris as a whole.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
At Polaris, the need for diverse perspectives and experiences enables our vision of Best People, Best Team. We value our differences and align our passions to do great work. As a highly efficient growth company, we are driven to be agile and adaptable to support our customers. At Polaris we unite to create memorable adventures. Learn more at
- Polaris Industries Jobs