Entegee Grinding Operator III - 63106746 - MU in Plymouth, Minnesota
Grinding Operator III - 63106746 - MU
Job Code: 63106746Job Location: Plymouth, MNCategory: TechniciansLast Updated: 09/06/2018Apply Now!
The individual in this role operates Centerless Grinding and/ or Surface Grinding machines to meet Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost goals and supports department personnel technically in the performance of their duties.
Grinding and Centerless Grinding:
• Sets up and operates grinding or centerless machines to grind external cylindrical or tapered surfaces of workpieces to blueprint specifications.
• Sets up and operates precision grinding machines with special indexing equipment.
• Reads blueprints and job orders for product specifications and interprets machining instructions to determine grinding and sequence of operations.
• Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches and dresses wheel to specifications using dressing devices.
• Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and other precision gauges.
• Starts machine and monitors functional operation to qualify functionality.
• Changes, adjusts or resets grinding wheels as needed to maintain conformance to part specifications.
• Positions and secures workpiece on mandrel between centers or in chuck.
• Manually adjusts machine controls to index workpiece and feeds wheel to workpiece, adjusting depth of cut in part by sight and feel while holding tolerances of +/-0.0001”
Flat, Wire, and Ball Lapping:
• Sets up and operates lapping machines to lap surfaces of flat carbide objects.
• Sets up and operates wire lapping and ball lapping machines to lap surfaces of cylindrical objects.
• Reads blueprints or job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances and number of parts to be lapped.
• Follows tooling instructions, such as lapping speeds and pressure, work-holding fixtures, and laps to be used.
• Moves controls to set lapping speeds, tool pressure, and length of cycle to guide action of laps against workpieces or workpieces against each other.
• Starts machine and brushes or sprays lapping compound on laps and workpieces.
• Inspects lapped workpieces for conformance to specifications, using instruments such as a comparator, flatness gauge, surface plates and vacuum testers.
• Mentors new and existing staff and provides regular feedback verbally or in written from; delegates, monitors, and reviews the progress of assigned work to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Trains and instructs new and existing staff on job functions and the proper use of equipment as well as following standardized work as provided by supporting team members; monitors the effectiveness of training tools and makes recommendations for changes.
• Sustains and drives lean manufacturing and 5S activities and ensures compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
• May provide documented input to supervisor for performance reviews, corrective action, performance improvement and candidate selection.
• Interprets daily productivity expectations and organizes employees and equipment to fulfill daily targets.
• Intuitively alert to the actions and activity of the team and equipment being used as it relates to the quality of work being performed along with the health and safety of the team. Keeps instructional aids available along with quality controls and checks in place
• Engages supporting team members to establish root causes of productivity or product inadequacies, and collaboratively finds solutions that improve and prevent reoccurrence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and post- secondary education in a related technical field (or equivalent experience) required.
• Must have at least three years of related grinding experience and at least two years’ experience in a lead or trainer role.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or email@example.com.
Please reference job # 63106746RW
Equal Opportunity Employer