Entegee Centerless Grinding Operator - 58909869 - MU in Plymouth, Minnesota
Centerless Grinding Operator - 58909869 - MU
Job Code: 58909869Job Location: Plymouth, MNCategory: TechniciansLast Updated: 06/10/2018Apply Now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external cylindrical or tapered surfaces of workpieces to blueprint specifications.
• Maintains grinding machines for optimal production standards.
• Reads blueprints and job orders for product specifications, and interprets machining instructions to determine grinding and sequence of operations.
• Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches and dresses wheel to specifications using dressing devices.
• Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, surface finish & roundness testers.
• Starts machine and monitors functional operation to qualify functionality.
• Changes worn grinding wheels, adjust, or reset as needed to maintain conformance to part specifications.
• Positions and secures work rest blades to achieve proper center of workpiece to center of wheel.
• Manually adjusts machine controls to index workpiece and feeds wheel to workpiece, adjusting depth of cut in part by sight and feel while holding tolerances of +/-0.0001”.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, blueprints and drawings and follow written and verbal directions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to listen effectively and be aware of production floor activity to support safe and hazard free working environment.
• Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
• Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
• Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance standards.
• Ability to set-up and operate Royal Mater Centerless Grinders.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred; post-secondary education in a technical field preferred.
• Must have at least one year of related experience.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or email@example.com.
Please reference job # 58909869MU
Equal Opportunity Employer