BTD Shift Supervisor in Otsego, Minnesota
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for managing the conversion of raw materials to finished goods per specifications. This entails the management of production schedules, manpower and efficient operations to assure overall cost effectiveness. New methods to save cost, set-ups as well as overall effective communications and problem solving are essential to supervise production operations.
Safety is # 1 at T.O. Plastics: Our expectation is that company leadership:
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of total employee incidents and injuries.
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of employee incident and injuries resulting in days away from work, restricted duty and/or job transfer.
- Minimum compliance achieved on annual safety audits or assessments.
- Maintain operations that are compliant with OSHA and other applicable safety and health regulations.
- Model and promote a Culture of Safety throughout the company.
- Management and supervision of products from receipt of raw material through the manufacturing and packaging process.
- Maintain records to comply with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Safety is critical as well as the Quality of our products.
- Contribute to and assist in the management of a group effort to produce the highest quality products.
- Supervise manufacturing employees: Provide realistic, attainable, measurable goals for staff. Provide regular feedback on performance, attendance and attitude to include scheduled and unscheduled performance evaluations. Provide training and supervise progress of training to enhance staff’s performance and their ability to meet their development objectives.
- Implement constant and continuous improvement to processes and methods to meet objectives and maximize the manufacturing operating efforts.
- Creation of shift reporting and managerial reporting to monitor progress in key areas as assigned.
- Optimization and Management of all indirect labor and overtime hours while minimizing costs.
- Assure on schedule production of finished goods at 95% level with 99% accuracy levels.
- Utilize Master Schedule to schedule manufacturing orders, including set up, manufacturing, move tickets and job closure and release to finished goods; in a manner that allows for release to finished goods within the time frame allowed.
- Maximize effort to reduce operating costs whenever possible. Cost reductions and increased efficiencies in material and personnel utilization must be sought continuously.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Coordinate efforts of the Manufacturing Group to ensure an efficient approach to problem solving.
- Work closely with Quality Control, the Planner/Scheduler and Materials to ensure the smooth flow of materials from raw material receipt through finished goods release.
- Continue to increase personal knowledge of the entire manufacturing process.
- Assist Product Development and Estimating with new product design and introduction.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, processing variables, operator’s methods and equipment functionality.
- Manage, monitor and address attendance issues.
- Effectively move resources to meet the schedule.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A four-year business or similar degree and five years of manufacturing supervisory experience or an equivalent amount of experience.
- Sound communication skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to staff and management.
- Competent in computer skills- knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and, Inventory control programs (TMM).
- Ability to coordinate manufacturing of the product from raw material through the manufacturing operation to shipment of the finished good.
- Ability to motivate employees to reach their individual performance goals with constant and consistent improvements to methods and processes to assure our overall goals as a division are met.
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations to staff and hold them accountable.
- Basic knowledge of Scheduling, Inventory Control, as well as Shipping functions.
- Basic knowledge of all product lines and related technology.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Practices standard operating procedures and product specifications.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and familiarity with manufacturing equipment and its use.
- Ability to adjust to unpredictable situations and make decisions that require immediate time and attention.
- Demonstrated good organizational skills.
- Good sensory acuity to distinguish between conforming and non-conforming parts.
- Sound understanding of using manufacturing metrics and driving operations to meet them.
- Experience with UltiPro or some type of payroll system to accurately track and maintain all direct reports time cards. This includes Approving PTO requests, verifying and approving punch transfers, and also managing a points tracking system to ensure that the attendance policy is followed.
Posted: November 9, 2018