Andersen Windows and Doors Weekend Only Machine Operator in North Branch, MN- 2018 in North Branch, Minnesota
You can be part of a growing area at Andersen Corporation at our North Branch, MN Fibrex Extrusion plant. We are hiring Extruder Operators to manufacture window and door lineals out of Andersen's innovative Fibrex material.
Position Summary: Operators will tend to and operate extrusion machines to produce required parts as determined by the production schedule and customer demand. Additionally, Operators will inspect the product against established requirements and will develop advanced skills including troubleshooting and performing profile change-overs.
Competitive Wages:Earn up to $22.19 per hour, depending on qualifications. Employees working the overnight shift will earn a 9% shift differential.
Shifts: Shifts are 12 hours in length, either 6AM-6PM or 6PM-6AM. We're looking for people that are available on weekends only: Friday-Sunday, Saturday-Sunday, or Saturday-Monday.
- Analyze production data and make necessary adjustments to the operation of extrusion related equipment.
- Move materials in and out of the line as needed including: packaging materials, raw materials and finished product.
- Complete necessary documentation of process checks, quality checks and production reporting.
- Troubleshoot standard problems using a defined process and refer complex problems to the appropriate resources.
- Assist with the set-up and start-up of any profile for all machines in a work cell.
- Identify and communicate appropriately when electrical, mechanical or technical support is needed.
- Willingness to seek out additional roles and responsibilities within your department and expand knowledge regarding Andersen’s products.
- Participate in on-the-job training initiatives and transfer skills learned into daily work.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety policies and procedures. This includes ensuring co-workers are adhering to safety protocol.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training and development programs.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed and directed by supervision or management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Desire to learn skills on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to articulate both written and verbal processes and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a physical assessment that tests to ensure all candidates can meet the demands of the position including: bending, pulling, pushing, twisting, and lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Willingness to cross-train on several operations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in safety, quality, initiative, teamwork, attitude and attendance.
- Shift flexibility.
Primary Location: United States-MN-North Branch
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2018, 2:20:38 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 23982