Benson Industries, Inc. Tool & Die Maker in Montgomery, Minnesota
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
Position Summary: Analyze specifications, troubleshoot non-compliance. Set up and operate Machine Tools. Fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair Die Tools and Machinery. Return Die Tools and Machinery to original specifications. Demonstrate ability to apply knowledge to Tool and Die design. Ability to design jigs, fixtures, and gauges for use in Production and Quality Control. Demonstrate knowledge of Mathematics, Metal use, Metal properties, and Heat Treatment. Have knowledge of Tool Room Equipment, Press Line Equipment, Process Control, and Die Tools. Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA standards and applicability to Stamping Operations.
- Analyze work orders to estimate associate hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interpret blueprints and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Direct and assist Tools Room Machinist in repairing and adjusting machines and equipment where products fail to meet standards.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production needs.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to work overtime as required, to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
This position is on the 2nd shift. Hours are 330pm-2am, Mon thru Thurs, with optional or required OT on Fridays.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- *Education and/or Experience:*High School Diploma or GED; Accredited Tool and Die School graduate (Journeyman certification), and/or 5+ years of Tool and Die experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- *Language Skills:*Effectively communicate with co-workers and management regarding work and safety issues.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
- *Mathematical Skills:*Demonstrate broad knowledge of shop mathematics. Required Experience
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 639-253
Job Location: Montgomery, Minnesota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular