Benson Industries, Inc. Press Operator/Packer - 1st Shift in Montgomery, Minnesota
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
Operate high speed stamping presses and auxiliary equipment producing metal connector plates and steel components with manual and automated packaging processes. Quality awareness and accurate production reporting is a major responsibility.
- Operate a high speed stamping press and auxiliary equipment with manual and automated packaging processes.
- Meet and/or exceed daily production goals.
- Report all machine malfunctions to mechanics or supervisors.
- Assist mechanics whenever required to keep press/packaging equipment operational.
- Manually pack metal connector plates and/or steel components into packaging containers.
- Strive to keep product waste to a minimum; inspect finished products and mark steel lot numbers on shipping containers.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to work overtime as required, to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Effectively communicate with co-workers and management regarding work and safety issues.
- Mathematical Skills: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
- Computer Skills: Some PC skills helpful, but not required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Read a tape measure.
- Other Qualifications: Previous forklift experience preferred but not required. Required Experience
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: P08943
Job Location: Montgomery, Minnesota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular