VIVA USA Inc Material Handler in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Req Ref No: SRMNMH13 Location: Minnetonka, MN Duration: 5.0 months
The Material Handler is responsible for shipping, receiving, and general material handling using a forklift or crane as required to meet supplier, manufacturing, or customer requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be supplemented as necessary.
- Pulls material required for production orders, customer sales orders, and miscellaneous material in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Reviews, assigns, and issues production orders in accordance with customer’s needs.
- Receives, counts, identifies lots sizes, and verifies incoming material from vendors, material from completed shop orders, and miscellaneous material returned to the stockroom or warehouse and places all material and supplies received in their appropriate location.
- Responsible for control and accuracy of material and inventory records using either manual or computer systems.
- Communicate and coordinate material status information with Planner for manufacturing and between all manufacturing departments for customer shipments and production orders.
- Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, including housekeeping practices and participation in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits.
- Perform tasks in accordance with quality, DOT and hazardous waste requirements when loading and unloading trucks, understanding emergency response procedures in the event of a spill.
- Properly package material for shipping based on quantity and size.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Material Handler Facilitator
Requirements: Qualifications / Requirements: - High School Diploma/GED - 1 year of material handler and/or warehouse experience - Trained to operate fork truck in manufacturing area
Desired: - Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience - Strong communication skills - Learns, understands, and is able implement all policies, practices and procedures - Hoist/Crane experience - Ability to adapt to production needs and prioritize workload as required - Experience with SAP - Has computer knowledge and performs basic computer input - Experience in the movement or control of inventory - Previous experience with wood crate assembly This is for first shift working 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday.
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.