Suez-Na Machine Operator - Chemical Mix in Minnetonka, Minnesota
WE'RE LOOKING FORMachine Operator - Chemical Mix
Employment typeRegular / Permanent
5951 Clearwater Drive
Minnetonka, MINNESOTA, 55343-8990
Who we are?With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
Basic Job Description
As the Machine Operator, you
will operate state-of-the-art membrane coating equipment, including chemical
mixing, quality checks, troubleshooting, and packaging. You will perform
quality workmanship and keep scheduled deadlines to meet customer expectations.
Suez has a generous benefits program that includes
vacation-entitlement, medical, free dental, free vision, free short-term
disability and retirement savings contributions!
Fitness center available 24/7
Easily accessible Minnetonka Plant, which is a clean, modern
12-hour shifts, starting at 6AM – 6PM. This includes a
3-day weekend every-other weekend.
• High School
• Minimum of 1 year (12-months) of experience as a machine operator,
maintenance technician, chemical mixer/handler, or military service in a
technical background -OR- minimum of 6 months direct experience as a membrane
• Associate’s Degree in engineering, industrial technology, instrumentation,
automated systems and robotics, electronics engineering technology, industrial
controls and robotics, right skills now for manufacturing, chemistry, or
similar technical associates degree
• Inventory control experience using SAP or other inventory control program
• Experience troubleshooting a continuous web or paper handling process
• Ability to complete simple shop math calculations (percentages, chemical
usage rates, yields, etc.)
• Experience using lab equipment such as FTIR (Fourier transform infrared
spectroscopy), UV-Vis (ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy), Karl Fisher,
viscometer, conductivity meter, micrometer, or other similar lab equipment
• Programmable Logic Control experience
• High attention for detail to ensure safe and accurate chemical mixing
• Knowledge and understanding of web-handling manufacturing
• Trained to operate a fork truck in a manufacturing area
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to learn and understands all policies, practices, and procedures
• Experience working with chemicals
What will you be doing?
As the Machine Operator, you will:
• Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including
housekeeping practices; participate in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits
• Proactively communicate and address safety concerns
• Set-up, operate, and clean membrane production equipment
• Conduct handling and mixing of chemicals according to prescribed formulas and
procedures (strong acids, bases, and solvents are used in regular process)
• Enter production data into database, forms, logs, and SAP accurately,
clearly, and completely
• Move raw materials and finished products to proper locations
• Monitor and document raw material and final product quality, including making
adjustments to coating processes to assure membrane meets specifications, and
perform and document cell tests on membrane
• Perform troubleshooting to identify and correct root cause of malfunction to
• Follow all life-critical policies and procedures (Lock-out/Tag-Out, Confined
Space Entry, Line-Break)
• Contain, label, store, and transfer hazardous waste according to applicable
• May be required to unload and test bulk chemical tankers
• Support area cycle counts, inventory control, SAP transactions
• Perform regularly scheduled maintenance and calibration procedures
• Prepare and package membrane samples
• Assist in process changes and new product development
• Perform any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Facilitator, or Lead
Compensation:Period 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:No
Number of Job Openings:6
Company Grade/Band:Other Salaried
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
- Suez-Na Jobs