Suez-Na Extrusion Operator Day Shift in Minnetonka, Minnesota
WE'RE LOOKING FORExtrusion Operator Day Shift
Employment typeRegular / Permanent
5951 Clearwater Drive
Minnetonka, MINNESOTA, 55343-8990
Who we are?With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
• High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 1 year mechanical/technical or manufacturing
experience, or military service in a technical background –OR– an Associate’s Degree in engineering, plastics technology, industrial technology, instrumentation, automated systems and robotics, electronics engineering technology, industrial controls and robotics, right skills now for manufacturing or similar technical associates degree
• Ability and willingness to work a rotating schedule that includes every other weekend coverage, as required
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, as required
• Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes, as required
• Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Experience working in and navigating computer applications; ability to perform basic functions in Excel, including navigating to files, data input, copy & paste and sums
• Strong mathematical aptitude, such as ability to calculate flow rate and take measurements of circumference
• Experience participating in the development of work instructions and operating guides
• Basic SAP experience, including navigating in the system, looking up test specs and ensuring bills of materials match recipes
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Quality inspection experience, including experience identifying and resolving product quality issues
• Detail orientated
• Strong communication skills and ability to learn and understand all policies, practices, and procedures
• Lean manufacturing experience
• Previous experience performing setup, troubleshooting and operation of automated machines
Salary & Benefits
•Suez also has a generous benefits program that includes vacation-entitlement, medical, free dental, free vision, free short-term disability and retirement savings contributions!
•SUEZ promotes employee health through a fitness center available 24/7
•Easily accessible Minnetonka Plant which is a clean, modern facility. Our team members think is a great place to work!
You will work shifts that are 12-hours long, starting at 4am (morning), on a rotating week schedule.
What will you be doing?
The Extrusion Machine Operator will operate, troubleshoot, repair and perform minor maintenance of the extrusion equipment that processes polypropylene pellets into log form. You will understand both the product construction and the machine operation to maximize yields and machine uptime.
As the Extrusion Machine Operator, you will:
• Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including housekeeping practices
• Participate in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits
• Proactively communicate and address safety concerns
• Set-up and monitor machine operations according to standard operating instructions
• Understand department safety, quality and regulatory requirements, and production goals; actively engage in meeting these goals
• Inspect raw materials and products to ensure there are no visual defects; take corrective action as needed
• Perform checks to ensure accuracy per product specifications, ensure overall product quality, and tracks in manual logs or computer system to capture deviations and quality traceability data
• Perform material disposition on all work-in-processes (WIP) parts as assigned
• Perform advanced machine adjustments to ensure that proper construction specifications are being met
• Interrupt machine operation as necessary to correct operating problems
• Minimize the production of products that do not meet specifications by quickly taking action and using investigative, troubleshooting, and mechanical skills
• Accurately measure work in process (WIP) and finished goods in inches or centimeters
• Communicate technical issues in a timely manner to all levels (managers, co-workers, maintenance, engineers, etc.)
• Assist in training of other operators
• Assist with failure and perform regular minor preventive maintenance
• Perform troubleshooting to solve equipment malfunction
• Perform complete setup, adjustments, startup, and shutdown of all equipment in the area
• Keep accurate records and explain any discrepancies, if necessary
• Perform any additional duties as assigned by supervisor, facilitator, or lead
Compensation:Period 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:No
Number of Job Openings:2
Company Grade/Band:Other Salaried
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
- Suez-Na Jobs