GAF Production Supervisor (Management Trainee) in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production shift as assigned on a rotating basis, including process, packaging, maintenance and yard personnel. Scope of supervision extends to maintenance and housekeeping duties. The Production Supervisor is responsible for safety, quality, and productivity through direct leadership and coordination of production.
Drive productivity and foster continuous improvement through sound management practices including communication of goals, training of operators, and operation of machines within established process specifications, and identification and resolution of production related issues.
Maximize production efficiencies, achieve targeted raw material usages, and minimize yield losses while producing high quality product in a safe manner.
Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production method or machinery issues that are impacting run rates, downtime, or quality.
Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety policy, housekeeping, and defined standards of training. Monitor compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved or appropriately communicated
Maintain an excellent quality level of product produced at the lowest cost. Monitor key operating parameters to ensure the product adheres to specifications while minimizing raw material usage. Work with production operators to identify and reduce controllable quality issues. Ensure each operator completes required quality checks. Review results of audits performed by QA department and communicate to production crew. Provide feedback to production crew on all field complaints.
Participate in the selection discussion for filling open operator positions and participate in the interview process for new production personnel. Support communication throughout plant and communicate the bonus program to employees at the plant. Monitor and address poor attendance issues in a timely manner. Solicit and obtain coverage for absences and vacations. Maintain accurate timekeeping for production employees and ensure time-cards are approved on time.
Other duties as assigned.
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiar with computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Maximo
• Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedure
• Proficient in the use of the various trending and statistical manufacturing tools – QualTrend, Active Factory, WinSPC, etc.
• Understanding of basic statistics and use within the operational environment
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Planning and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities
• Results oriented, high energy, credible, honest, self-motivated person
• Proficient communications skills: written, verbal, and listening
• Coaching skills to include: demonstrating procedures, leading by example, and persuading others
• Familiarity with safety activities including root cause investigations, safe behavior observations, team activities, industrial hygiene, and OSHA compliance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Packaging) .
• 2+Years Experience in continuous process industry, preferably web process.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.
- GAF Jobs