GAF Maintenance Superintendent in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for providing direction, coordination and support for the daily execution of the maintenance department’s operating plan with the primary objective of maintaining the Plant’s equipment and facilities.
· Champion the Plant’s Maintenance Plan.
· Develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of technicians to meet the Plant’s needs, to include providing regular performance feedback.
· Develop and maintain a sustainable system (workflow) that identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being completed.
· Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes the Plant’s equipment, and develop & update failure defense plans.
· Coordinate with production and others on new projects and upgrades.
· Support and drive process improvement, employee involvement and safety.
· Supervise personnel internal and external to insure maintenance is performed correctly and in a timely manner.
· Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve Plant production, reduce downtime, prevent repeat failures and/or increase the time between scheduled preventative maintenance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 5 years demonstrated maintenance experience
· 2 years demonstrated supervisory experience with proven leadership and team building skills
· Proven work history that demonstrates successful accomplishments of new programs or processes by working collaboratively with others
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Advanced proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
· Intermediate proficiency in electrical distribution systems and instrumentation
· Intermediate proficiency in PLC programming, debugging and troubleshooting
· Advanced proficiency in maintaining electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
· Advanced proficiency using variable frequency drives and AC &DC drives
· Knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings and lubrication
· Ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop drawings, and sketches
· Familiar with standard maintenance concepts, practices and procedures.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.
- GAF Jobs