BIX Produce Company QA Technician in Little Canada, Minnesota
Come grow your Career with BIX Produce!!! We currently has an immediate opening for Quality Assurance Technician to ensure the quality of our produce. This is a Monday through Friday morning shift 5:30am-2:00pm, starting at pay $16.50/hour, and we offer health, dental, vision, 401K, and more!!
Responsible for facilitating production start up and shut down
Assist with pulling random samples for testing, monitor finished products for quality and compliance with specification
Enforce team member compliance with GMP and safety regulations
Perform sporadic maintenance on metal detectors and sanitation delivery systems.
Daily Checklist – Check scale calibration, Check cooler temperatures, Check utensil and environmental sanitizer concentrations, Monitor the brix of pre-processed fruits.
Hourly Checklist – Check flume tanks, verify and set metal detector, check product temperatures, check product packaging seals
Weekly Checklist – Check accuracy of thermometers, maintain eyewash station water level
Maintain a safe working environment to reduce injuries and workers compensation claims.
Food Safety as it relates to this position.
All other duties as assigned.
• B.A or B.S in food science preferred OR High School diploma with a minimum of 1 year related experience required
• USDA experience is highly preferred
• Ability to read and write English
• Knowledge in areas pertaining to GMP, HACCP, food microbiology and general food safety
• Food safety program experience preferred
• Problem solving skills
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
• Strong attention to details
• Ability to multitask
• Must be willing to help correct safety issues
• Must be able to work with limited supervision.
BIX Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer to all team members and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodices or agencies thereof. The Company will not discriminate against or harass any team members or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Job ID: 2020-1168
External Company Name: BIX Produce Company
External Company URL: https://www.bixproduce.com/
Street: 3060 Centerville Road