Sparboe Farms Production Specialist I in Litchfield, Minnesota
Join our Sparboe team today! Full time and day shift available, pay starting at $15.00 per hour. Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Production Specialist I
- Safety First. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Perform all duties and tasks related to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Perform all duties and tasks related to safety and security of buildings, equipment, tools, hens, and all company property.
- Understand and follow all SOP’s, GMP’s and all programs and procedures related to the job and required by the work.
- Responsible for carrying out food safety and quality duties and following the SQF polices/procedures as it relates to their job duties.
- Will report any food safety and quality issues/concerns to their manager and/or quality team.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Check water and feed lines
- Monitor feed inventory
- Check for sick or injured hens
- Catch loose hens
- Collect and dispose of mortality
- Ensure all lights are in working order and clean
- Clean and run manure scraper
- Knock down manure curtains
- Monitor and repair egg belts
- Monitor ventilation, including checking all fans and baffles
- Monitor and clean egg guides
- Understand, maintain and use all safety equipment and procedures
- Clean upper and lower level of barns, including front, back, and aisles and apply fly bait
- Monitor, count, and report rodent activity
- Monitor egg row counts and fix egg jams
- Walk pits looking for birds, trash and water leaks
- Clean up and dispose of trash
- Check doors for light showing through
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management
- Record mice weekly per FDA regulations and fly populations
- Pull case weights and body weights weekly or as needed
- Grease feed system (as needed)
- Clean and organize screener barrels, pit area and bin pad area
- Clean hallways between houses (or clean room and electric rooms in new barns)
- Check egg belt rollers (front and back)
- Clean scraper cables
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School or GED preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- A record of good attendance with a flexible schedule
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and well with all levels of employees and management
- Experience caring for animals or working in agriculture
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 65018 US Hwy 12 Litchfield, MN 55355
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: July 20, 2018
Rate: $15 USD per hour