BTD Quality Technician 1 in Lakeville, Minnesota
BTD MN Lakeville 2
Lakeville, MN, USA
*Company Overview: *BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary*: *Assists production personnel with technical questions, inspection equipment, QCPs, blueprint reading and written instructions; creates operator inspection sheets; serves as inspector in all areas of production.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
- Capable of completing in-process and set up inspections throughout production as needed.
- Capable of conducting final inspections and dock audits prior to product shipment as needed.
- Capable of using basic inspection equipment (FARO arm, caliper, micrometer, height gage, etc.) to perform inspections.
- Capable of using basic inspection software (PolyWorks) to inspect parts.
- Performs basic math functions to facilitate inspection.
- Capable of generating Non-Conformance notifications (RA) and communicating appropriately.
- Capable of conducting receiving inspection.
- Completes Layered Process Audits (LPA) per the LPA schedule.
- Capable of creating permanent patterns and temporary patterns as needed.
- Selects, sets up and assigns appropriate gages for use on Quality Control Plans.
- Works to continuously expand knowledge of parts, inspection methods, production processes, and any other information affecting the production of quality products.
- Adheres to Company values, Quality Policy and Department work standards.
- Complies with BTD’s Quality System and processes.
*Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *Graduation from high school or equivalent and one year of technical training or one year of manufacturing or quality experience.
Experience and Skills Required: At least one year of recent BTD manufacturing production/quality experience, or one year of quality experience in similar organizations with similar processes, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in manufacturing operations.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance systems.
- Basic knowledge of inspection equipment used in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of WINDOWS, MSOFFICE and E-mail.
- The skill to identify problems and notify the appropriate personnel.
- The ability to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions.
- The ability to perform basic math functions.
- The ability to accurately read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- An understanding of the importance of a safe work environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com*
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: November 19, 2020