BTD Production Material Handler - 1st Shift - $1,500 Sign on Bonus in Lakeville, Minnesota
BTD MN Lakeville 2
Lakeville, MN, USA
Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: In a manufacturing environment, performs moderately difficult to difficult material handling activities. Work directly with production operators and set-up personnel. Ensures that production operators are supplied with raw material, removes finished goods and empties scrap containers. Assist set-up personnel with removing dies and placement of dies in the press. Ensure that the production area is supplied with dies and raw material as requested. Assist other departments and coworkers as needed.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
- Operates a forklift in the production area to supply materials to multiple equipment operators in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Checks inputs and inventory movements in Axapta.
- Puts away raw material and moves finished goods to trailers from production areas.
- Provides Production with raw material work in progress (including child parts), containers, and dies. Removes scrap, dies and finished goods from Production.
- Uses the scale to piece count and weigh the finished product.
- Cleans and rearranges things to improve working conditions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Keeps all material neat and orderly in accordance with the Five-Pillar concept.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in material handling and warehouse operations.
- Working knowledge of related safety equipment to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions (forks down, no climbing racks, using walkway doors, etc.).
- Ability to organize, coordinate and perform material handling activities in a production environment.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to anticipate potential bottlenecks in the production process and react to them in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a safe and efficient manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to:www.btdmfg.com*
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: November 6, 2020