Entegee Press Brake Operator - 1st Shift - 60689660 - CG in Lakeville, Minnesota
Press Brake Operator - 1st Shift - 60689660 - CG
Job Code: 60689660Job Location: Lakeville, MNCategory: TechniciansLast Updated: 06/10/2018Apply Now!
The Press Brake Operator will be responsible for setting up and operating power brake to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc, or straighten metal plates or sheet metal and structural shapes to blueprint or sketch specifications.
• Sets stops on machine bed, changes dies, and adjusts components, such as ram or power press, when making multiple or successive passes.
• Operates power press, power brake, apron brake, swaging machine, foot-powered press, hydraulic press, or arbor press according to specifications.
• Performs in-process inspection according to quality’s In-process Inspection Frequency Chart.
• All 1st piece parts to be signed off by quality for every job.
• Knowledge of bend allowances and how to achieve them.
• Knowledge of press brake tooling.
• Ability to read blueprints and do a flat layout from them.
• Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic press brakes.
• Roll forming and bump forming.
• Installs, aligns, and secures gears, holding fixtures, dies to machine bed, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
• Sets stops on machine bed and repositions stock to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations.
• Selects, positions, and aligns dies in machine ram and bed.
• Selects and programs adjustments in computer program.
• Annotates information on press brake set-up card.
• Turns set screws or bolts to fasten clamp bar that hold dies in position.
• Turns adjustment screws to set specified pressure of ram and clearance between dies to thickness of metal, as indicated by calibrated scale or feelers.
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience operating and setting up the Press Brake
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
• Ability to read tape measure, dial calipers, and Vernier calipers.
• Bend and lift, loading and unloading work pieces into the machine, and move from one work station to another, alternately sitting and standing
• Lift objects up to 50 pounds throughout the day
• Perform repetitive work
• Ability to read blueprints, follow detailed instructions, and distinguish colors
• Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 60689660CG
Equal Opportunity Employer