Honeywell Sr. Research Machinist in Golden Valley, Minnesota
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell, our best-in-class team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cryogenics, cyber security and others.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
· Create new components from various levels of input (drawings; sketches; ideas)
· Perform rapid prototyping in collaboration with internal, engineering customers using variety of materials
· Operate various levels of machine shop equipment from manual operation to numerical controlled
· Work closely with internal customers on changes and priority adjustments
YOU MUST HAVE:
· High School Diploma/GED Required
· Minimum 4 years of experience (inclusive of technical degree or machine program)
· Active US government secret clearance or the ability to obtain one is required
· Minimum 2-year technical degree
· Currently enrolled/recent graduates of a machining program offered by an established technical institute or a 2-year technical degree/certiﬁcation in a machining program/military training
· Proﬁciency with manual lathe and mill
· Understanding and application of machining fundamentals
· CNC programming and set-up experience (Mastercam, Haas, Okuma, Milltronics)
· Working knowledge of metals and other materials and their characteristics
· Motivated by a hands-on work environment
· Ability to think analytically and logically in troubleshooting technical problems
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to effectively interact with customers
· Effective written and verbal communication skills are a necessity
· Strong computer skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs