Universal Forest Products Traveling Foreman- Madison, WI in Edina, Minnesota
- Preferred bachelor degree in relating discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience as production supervisor or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Preferred experience and knowledge on UFP's organization, culture, and product lines
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks, to set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and in developing subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment.
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to use a computer terminal, and proficiency of the use of MS Office and other business software
- Demonstrated skill in leading project and other people
- Demonstrated skill in improving processes
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
- Conducts in a professional manner
Ability to pass a drug test
Develops production schedules for area of responsibility, coordinates activity with other areas and forecasts inventory requirements.
- Formulates long and short-range business plans and goals.
- Ensure that all plant assets in area of responsibility are properly managed and safeguarded.
- Staffs assigned operations to meet production levels consistent with cost objectives.
- Ensures that employees are properly trained.
- Supervises activities directly or through supervisors and lead operators.
- Coaches and develops subordinates, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
- Establishes work center/operation efficiency standards.
- Monitors performance to established efficiency and quality standards and initiates corrective action as required.
- Ensures performance reviews are conducted in accordance with policy in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that yard conditions and housekeeping conforms to Company standards in area of responsibility.
- Monitors expenses for area of responsibility and initiates corrective action as required.
- Analyzes production operations and workflow and develops improvement recommendations.
- Monitors output, cuts/yields and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required within area of responsibility.
- Manages inventory in area of responsibility, ensures inventory is rotated in accordance with operational policy, and participates in month-end inventory.
- Ensures that machinery in area of operation is properly maintained.
- Orders supplies, initiates purchase orders, and approves timecards and incentives.
- Manages finished goods packaging as required.
- Prepares various reports and logs as required.
- Participates in the Safety Committee process and ensures that assigned operations are performed consistent with Company and OSHA policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensures that operations are performed with Federal, State and local laws and regulations, and Company policy and procedure.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled