BTD Material Handler in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
BTD MN Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes, MN, USA
If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to:www.btdmfg.com**
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary*:* In a manufacturing environment, performs moderately difficult to difficult material handling activities. Work directly with production operators and set-up personnel. Ensures that production operators are supplied with raw material, removes finished goods and empties scrap containers. Assist set-up personnel with removing dies and placement of dies in the press. Ensure that the production area is supplied with dies and raw material as requested. Assist other departments and coworkers as needed.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
- Operates a forklift in the production area to supply materials to multiple equipment operators in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Checks inputs and inventory movements in Axapta.
- Puts away raw material and moves finished goods to trailers from production areas.
- Provides Production with raw material work in progress (including child parts), containers, and dies. Removes scrap, dies and finished goods from Production.
- Uses the scale to piece count and weigh the finished product.
- Cleans and rearranges things to improve working conditions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Keeps all material neat and orderly in accordance with the Five-Pillar concept.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least one year of recent experience, this includes the following skills and abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in material handling and warehouse operations.
- Working knowledge of related safety equipment to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions (forks down, no climbing racks, using walkway doors, etc.).
- Ability to organize, coordinate and perform material handling activities in a production environment.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: September 22, 2020