SunOpta Packager II in Crookston Facility, Minnesota
This position is responsible for assisting the lead Packaging Operator with the operation of processing equipment for packaging pouch, bag and bulk products in an efficient manner to produce the highest possible quality product and meet production schedules assigned to department by supervisor daily. Packager II is also responsible for packaging bulk and bag products, inventory monitoring, forklift operation, Oracle and production reporting and miscellaneous duties assigned by department supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in department as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Follow all safety guidelines at all times and report any issues or concerns.
- Package product as specified by customer specification.
- Meet target production models and track deviations.
- Assist in the training of all employees assigned to department daily and evaluate their performance.
- Report any unusual events or occurrences to your supervisor immediately.
- Record all daily production and ensure food safety and quality measures are met.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.Maintain assigned work and warehouse areas at the highest possible sanitation level daily.
- Ensure all assigned paperwork is completed correctly daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma/GED
Six months minimum experience as a Class C Operator at SunOpta or similar position on previous job.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess working knowledge of Electronic Scales, Package Filling Equipment, Sewing Machines, Calculator, Pressurized Steam Cleaners, Forklifts and Tandem Trucks.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Position involves lifting in excess of 50 pounds on a continues basis while bagging. Working in areas that are not heated or air conditioned and have stratified grain dust. Climbing stairways and ladders to monitor processing equipment, bin storage and load trucks on driveway or storage sites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-MN-Crookston Facility
Work Locations: Crookston Facility (1091) 1220 Sunflower Street Crookston, 56716
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Mar 22, 2018, 3:34:57 PM
Req ID: 1800004X