Andersen Windows and Doors Supply Chain Supervisor I/II in Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Renewal by Andersen Corporation is seeking a Supply Chain Supervisor for our location in Cottage Grove, MN. This position will be responsible for the performance of the assigned area in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. The position will also support the Supply Chain Manager in driving continuous improvement. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and coordinate the development and communication of materials flow, information flow and inventory management for the plant
- Lead, direct, and participate in continuous improvement activities to accomplish plant business goals and objectives in terms of safety, quality, customer service, cost and staff development.
- Provide linkage to support resources such as Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Configuration Services, IT, Distribution, Transportation, and Consolidation Centers.
- Ensures coordination and integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs, including customer service and operational efficiencies, which support the Plant and Supply Chain Metrics
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled staff in accordance with Renewal by Andersen’s Lean principles, values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Design and implement cost improvement business models across the supply chain that achieves strategic process improvements.
- Define and lead medium to large projects
- Analyze and report performance to plan, recommend corrective action.
- Prepare forecast/budget production levels.
- Support corporate sourcing objectives and Supplier Management. Understand supplier capacity/capabilities constraints
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, offer solutions, and implement to achieve the desired results.
- Develop and implement effective processes for new product offerings/enhancements and ramp-up/ramp-down plans for material changes.
- Facilitate teams and meetings
- Align project or process improvement goals with functional business objectives.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Maintain high level of visibility with staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve staff/ associates in problem solving.
- Develop a high performance work team by providing appropriate training, tools, guidance, coaching and feedback. Support and involve employees in identifying and permanently removing obstacles to performance excellence; provide & support developmental opportunities for staff.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Optimize around plan/source /delivery capabilities of our ERP tool.
- Identify and recommend staff resources in accordance with workloads and budgets.
- Responsible for performance to Cost Center budgets
- Create future-state vision of operations and enable staff to execute the vision
- Provide back-up support for Supply Chain Staff
- Discover, expose, and focus on eliminating waste in the plant.
- Represent manufacturing plant in cross functional meetings.
- Develop understanding of manufacturing plant business and products.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending conferences and participating in training user groups.
- Recommend inventory stock level quantities based on WC capacity and constraints.
- Understand supplier capacity constraints.
- Manage the activities and efforts of Supply Chain or Value Stream Supervisors.
- Assume managerial responsibilities of Supply Chain Manager in the manager’s absence.
- Requires a 4 year degree and an additional 4 + years of education or equivalent on-the-job training (a total of 8+ years).
- 2 to 4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Solid understanding of information systems that support supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, facilitation and giving presentations
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of information systems that support manufacturing operations within this position’s scope.
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, analysis, communication, and opportunity identification.
- Commitment to Lean Principles
- Experience in team development and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Access preferred.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-MN-Cottage Grove
Organization: Renewal by Andersen Corp.
Job Posting: Sep 24, 2020, 4:26:41 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27152