Michael Foods QA Tech 7am to 3pm in Chaska, Minnesota
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
This position is responsible for conducting quality attribute testing in accordance to product specifications and validating that quality documentation is complete and accurate.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Performs all quality testing for product requiring technical understanding of chemicals, lab equipment and measurements.
- Audit and document processing parameters pertinent to product safety and quality.
- Responsible to immediately communicate to Production and QA supervisors if there is a food safety risk.
- Communicating all Quality and GMP concerns to the department Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Ensuring all non-conforming finished goods are placed on HOLD for further evaluation.
- Perform visual inspections on lines prior to start-up and conduct pre-op swabbing using a bioluminometer.
- Collect product samples for micro testing and retained library.
- Maintain laboratory programs within the quality department, including but not limited to GMPs, HACCP, SQF and sanitation programs.
- Effectively communicating relevant information to fellow employees on the shift and to on-coming employees at shift change.
- Assist in educating and training production employees in Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, SQF, Quality Systems requirements and Safety policies.
- General cleaning of equipment, Lab and QA Library and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- The noise levels in the work environment will range from moderate to loud. * *
Team Player - Works well as a member of a group Enthusiastic - Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest Functional Expert - Considered a thought leader on a subject Detail Oriented - Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well Dedicated - Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help Goal Completion - Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.