Michael Foods Floor Sanitor 11pm to 7am in Chaska, Minnesota
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
This position is responsible for minimizing risk of cross contamination of finish product by exclusively maintaining floor and non food contact surfaces.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Removing potato and other debris from floor and non-food contact surfaces.
- Sanitize floors according to prescribed schedule in a manner to not cross contaminant food contact surfaces.
- Maintain floor cleaning check off sheet.
- Removing all potato debris from clean room using dump hopper.
- Clean and maintain dump hopper totes and equipment.
- Effectively communicating relevant information to fellow employees on the shift and to on-coming employees at shift change.
- Communicating all process inefficiencies, equipment malfunctions, safety concerns and GMP issues to the department Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Less than high school education.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- The noise levels in the work environment will range from moderate to loud. **
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.