Parker Hannifin Corporation Machinist - 2nd Shift in Blaine, Minnesota
Machinist - 2nd Shift
MN-Blaine, United States
Group: Motion Systems Grp N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing
Job ID: 9041-1A
< Return to Search Results
Conditions of Employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen effectively. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee must regularly lift and/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls using repetitive motion. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Load program from computer; Understand basic programming; some understanding of M & G codes
- Ability to change offsets and identify & change bad inserts
- Set up inspection equipment; Set up basic part; get fixture, jaws, and stops if needed
- Check all dimensions of part against print
- Capable of using deburring tools
- Ability to manage paperwork in a timely manner with accuracy
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintaining organization within the area
- Basic machine maintenance (oil levels, coolant levels, greasing chucks)
- Perform continuous improvement activities to reduce defects and monitor yields
- Responsible for effectively communicating equipment problems, set-up issues, maintenance items, etc. to supervisor, Group Lead, and Manufacturing Engineers
- Monitor use of machining supplies to prevent waste
- Deals ethically with Parker’s customers, suppliers, fellow associates and the general public
- Basic PC skills and understanding
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior knowledge of machining; Minimum 1 year manufacturing/machining experience
- Basic Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Read inspection equipment (caliper, micrometer, indicial, bore gauge, scale, tape measure and any other gage specific to machining)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to Trouble Shoot
- Problem Solving Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf