Andersen Windows and Doors Value Stream Team Lead - 2nd Shift (100 Series) in Bayport, Minnesota
Shift: 2nd (This is a *4 day 10 hour shift)*
Provides feedback, coaching, training conflict resolution, and conducts audits. Identifies process constraints and incorporates appropriate decision making and problem solving techniques. Responsibilities also include providing the shift supervisor with relevant performance feedback in addition to providing daily work direction and leadership to assigned team to maintain and improve business results. Manage to establish SQDC metrics.
- Ensure the continuous flow of production to meet planned output while following operations standards (safety, quality, delivery, cost, maintenance), identify issues, engage the Tier I/Front Line Mgmt team in problem resolution and understands when to escalate issues to Tier I/Front Line Mgmt team, partnering with Value Stream Supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide coaching and facilitate training to develop employees within the cost center/value stream, following AMS principles.
- Completes standard work & control plan audits and ensures corrective actions are completed.
- Participate in projects, Kaizens, & other continuous improvement actions
- Participate in daily Tier meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership in the areas of communication, conflict resolution, process constraints and problem solving.
- Lead and effectively communicate/participate at daily Tier I/Front Line Mgmt meeting (stand-up).
- Maintain Tier I/Front Line Mgmt visual management tools (PVA, run charts, focus boards, and other tools) to drive continuous improvement.
- Follows and enforces all safety procedures according to standards. Is proactive on safety concerns and takes action when appropriate.
- Participate in problem solving using AMS tools and methodology (5 Why, PDCA, MCA, CAPA, focus boards).
- Knowledge of employee capabilities and training within assigned cost center/value stream. Coordinates movement of employees according to business needs; through the development and maintaining of the cross-training matrix.
- Lead continuous improvement within the assigned cost center/value stream.
- Must attach resume to application
- Manufacturing Operations experience.
- Ability to learn product, process and equipment.
- Ability to learn and utilize AMS tools.
- Working knowledge of computer systems (MS Office).
- Ability to lead, train, coach and motivate employees.
- Ability to problem solve, make sound decisions and delegate appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Proven effectiveness working with others.
- Participation in employee led groups preferred.
- Successful completion of the Value Stream Team Lead Development Program.
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2019, 9:11:09 AM
Unposting Date: Dec 25, 2019, 12:59:00 AM
Req ID: 26125