Andersen Windows and Doors Value Stream Supervisor I/II - 2nd Shift in Bayport, Minnesota
Shift: 2nd Shift
Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
4 year degree or equivalent
2 – 4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a logistics operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean, and manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
Business acumen and knowledge:
- Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions.
- Listening skills
- Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
- Presentation skills
- Results Orientation
- Able to motivate associates
- Bias for action
- Displays energy for the business
- Supports and communicates difficult decisions
- Collaborates with associates at all levels
- Effectively supports change
- Developing skills in coaching production associates
- Able to maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support a continuous improvement culture
- Works effectively with warehouse, shop and/or deliver associates
- Demonstrates strong problems solving skills
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
Health Savings Account contributions
Paid holidays plus PTO
401(k) plan & contributions
Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
A culture that supports work-life balance
An environment where collaboration is key
Volunteer opportunities – on company time
Environmentally conscious business decisions
7,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2020, 1:25:13 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 26883