Andersen Windows and Doors Quality Manager in Bayport, Minnesota
Develops quality vision and strategy for the Bayport Window Plant or FSOG Operations Team, and manages staff to implement that vision. Identifies, influences and leads quality efforts across all aspects of the business (i.e. order entry, installation, etc.). This role also serves as the key link into the Andersen enterprise quality organization, ensuring alignment with enterprise strategy in our divisional goals.
- Develop, execute and maintain the division's quality strategies and objectives in alignment with the enterprise vision over both the short and the long term.
- Manage actions directed toward total cost of quality, initial quality, warranty, air/water/structural, and the perfect order specific to the division.
- Implement and manage non-conformance and error-proofing techniques, providing best practice knowledge to manufacturing team.
- Collaborate with other departments during planning and process improvement activities to ensure timely completion of all operational areas objectives and milestones.
- Establish organizational partnerships to improve our overall effectiveness of delivering the highest level of value.
- Continuously monitor product and process trends for changes in quality or related issues over the course of time
- Build and actively coach a team of 8-10 engineers, supervisors, and technicians, developing talent for the next generation of quality leadership.
- Directly manages team of 2-3 Quality Engineers and 5-6 Quality Technicians.
- Provides indirect/informal leadership through projects
- BS degree in related field; MS preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Engineering/technical quality management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Quality management systems, quality tools and production processes
- Must be able to develop and improve concepts, techniques, and standards and new applications based on quality principles and theories
- Well versed in QA process and methodologies with an ability to adapt according to the needs of the business
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2021, 12:03:15 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27864