Andersen Windows and Doors Mulling Operator - 2nd Shift (Casement) in Bayport, Minnesota
To efficiently and effectively construct high quality mulled product using all current window product within the designated product line.
- Responsible for modifying & mulling multiple Andersen products together in various configurations.
- Significant responsibility on quality checks to ensure product will meet code and performance requirements.
- Receive, review, and organize all cut sheets & assembly schedules.
- Review daily assembly demand and prioritize to meet customer demand and scheduled delivery dates.
- Responsible for inventory counts and re-ordering of parts.
- Able to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledgeable in construction of residential building and installation practices.
- Aid in the development of setup & operating procedures, methods and training programs.
- Work within Standard work, JBA’s, control plans, work instructions and quality specifications. Work with support staff on keeping standard work documents current and relevant to defined output.
- Understand the safety needs of the process and work within the parameters defined to protect the equipment, facility and coworkers.
- Use measuring tools for managing product quality with in defined parameters of the standard work and quality documentation.
- Identify problems and implement fixes for common issues with the use of AMS tools and standards for continuous improvement concepts, and works with the support staff, management and maintenance on corrective action to resolve. .
- Knowledge of product, process, and customer’s expectations within the value streams (upstream and downstream of the process).
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Support respectful workplace.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED.
Five years’ experience in assembly
Basic computer skills.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
Ability to read and understand reports and a requirement to cross train on several operations.
Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills.
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build—with our customers, our communities and each other—we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2020, 11:42:19 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 26803