Andersen Windows and Doors Custom HDN Grilling (2nd Shift - Casement) in Bayport, Minnesota
To efficiently and effectively apply non-standard HDN grilles to flexiframe and PSCA specialty products using multiple different jigs & fixtures, fabrication equipment, and location positioners.
- Receive, review, organize all cut sheets & assembly schedules
- Review daily assembly demand and prioritize to meet customer demand / schedule
- Set up and changeover of multiple profiles and product line equipment to defined standards that meet product specifications
- Use of overhead lasers for grille positioning & alignment, specialty measuring equipment, jigs, & fixtures
- Interface with SPR CAD group on custom orders
- Interface with procurement on what we can make vs what the supplier can make
- Proficient in producing specialty angle cuts per complexity of shapes and configurations
- Access files on a PC
- Trouble-shoot setup and running of all profiles
- Aid in the development of setup & operating procedures, methods and training programs
- Make recommendations for setup & equipment improvements for new & existing parts
- Works with in Standard work, JBA’s, control plans, work instructions and quality specifications. Works with support staff on keeping standard work documents current and relevant to defined output.
- Understands the safety needs of the process and works within the parameters defined to protect the equipment, facility and coworkers.
- Use measuring tools for managing product quality with in defined parameters of the standard work and quality documentation.
- Identify problems and implement fixes for common issues with the use of AMS tools and standards for continuous improvement concepts, and works with the support staff, management and maintenance on corrective action to resolve.
- Knowledge of product, process, and customer’s expectations within the value streams. (upstream and downstream of the process)
- Demonstrates material handling skills in accordance with the required additional training over and above the PIT certification to operate heavy material handling equipment used.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Support respectful workplace.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- High school diploma, or GED.
- Five years’ experience in assembly
- Basic computer skills.
- PIT training.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a requirement to cross train on several operations.
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills.
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2019, 2:52:19 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 25588