SunOpta Manufacturing Production Maintenance Mechanic II in Alex Minnesota St Facility, Minnesota
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs planned, corrective and unplanned maintenance on specified equipment.
- Uses available documentation for equipment to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Insure safety in the work place by eliminating unsafe conditions.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Supports Quality Systems.
- Protect Company assets by the direct intervention of any condition resulting in the abuse of equipment or buildings.
- Executes the preventive maintenance program as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Maintains communication (oral and written) within the maintenance team to ensure smooth shift transitions.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical ability – understand manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Detail Orientation – breaks large tasks into small parts and understands the small parts that make up the whole.
- Business Acumen- aligns work with plant goals.
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner, treats others with respect and consideration, accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a self-starter capable of working in a team-based environment.
Educational and/or Experience
High school diploma, or GED; two or more years related experience in a food grade facility. Aseptic processing and high-speed form/fill/seal packaging preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
To perform in this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of business software, and manufacturing software (HMIs, PLCs, and manufacturing controls).
TheEmployerisanEqualOpportunityEmployer.TheEmployerdoesnotdiscriminateinemploymentandno questiononthisapplicationisusedforthepurposeoflimitingorexcusinganyapplicant’sconsideration foremploymentonabasisprohibitedbylocal,state,orfederallaw.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Must be able to work flexible hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-MN-Alex Minnesota St Facility
Work Locations: Alex Minnesota St Facility (4025) 3915 Minnesota Street Alexandria, 56308
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2018, 10:18:10 AM
Req ID: 170000PC