SunOpta CI Manager in Alex 3rd Ave West Facility, Minnesota
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
*FLSA Status (US): Exempt *
Reports To: Plant Manager
This position is responsible for leading, planning, standardizing and directing business process improvement and waste elimination activities to ensure business continuity and operational excellence within the Plant and assigned functional areas. This position is also responsible to identify, train and deploy resources to apply state-of-the-art approaches and tools to achieve performance excellence and process improvements.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Establish and standardize business and operational processes through facilitated work sessions, process & tool development, and process pilots then educate and transfer ownership to end state users and process owners.
- Facilitates Kaizens, brainstorming sessions, workshops, problem solving sessions and process mapping exercises to bring alignment, extract knowledge and improve performance.
- Monitors business and operational performance through metrics, identifies gaps in performance and facilitates problem solving activities to close performance gaps.
- Trains, coaches and facilitates continuous improvement tools and methodologies such as lean, six sigma, kaizen, quality and process management.
- Leads and executes improvement projects across or within functions/operational sites via Lean, Six Sigma or similar methodology.
- Facilitate flow of information/processes/procedures and helps troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that role is correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; Lean/Six Sigma Green, Black or Master Black Belt or equivalent training and/or certification preferred.
Must have at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment and cross-functional project management experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Ceridian is beneficial.
Candidate must be an experienced leader that can work with groups to apply continuous improvement concepts and principles across an organization. Must have an inherent “data-based” approach with the ability to plan, acquire, analyze and interpret Operations and business data to drive improvements and provide direction/focus. Candidate must have a continuous improvement/problem solving “mindset” and experience. Outstanding verbal, written, and communication skills including facilitation, and public speaking required. Demonstrated ability to lead large teams in reviews, process improvement events and/or Kaizens as well as leading training and providing coaching support. Possess a disciplined approach to project execution with a track record of positive hard and behavioral results. Incumbent will be self-motivated/driven and able to create enthusiasm for improvement initiatives. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software.
Travel is required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings or other job related functions between 10% - 20%.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 50% of work is performed in an office environment. 50% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-MN-Alex 3rd Ave West Facility
Work Locations: Alex 3rd Ave West Facility (2030) 601 3rd Avenue West Alexandria, 56308
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2020, 1:26:42 PM
Req ID: 200000DP